Sunday 17 December 2006

Life Drawing ,Candid Arts 13/12/06

This was a good class for me. The facilitator, Anne (I think that's her name), challenged us to do things out of the norm. Single line drawings, left hand drawings, even drawings without looking at the page. Got unexpected but interesting results....

Sketch no.1, I really tried to make this sketch accurate. Took about 10mins. Proportion wise I think I captured the model, even in the face, but It's a weird drawing, and I have no idea why. Could be my lack of knowledge of anatomy, could be the fact that I was trying to do a "pretty drawing" anyone out there got some advice for me...?

loosening up 5min sketch....

More 5min sketches The bottom drawing is a single line drawing, your pencil doesn't leave the paper....

2min single line drawing with my left hand...whoa.

Ok...a step further...30 sec single line drawings without looking at the paper...double whoa.

more 30 second poses....


These were the last 2 drawings of the session. I don't know why, but I really seized up. Maybe because the drawings I did before were "fun" with no real pressure to do "the perfect drawing." With these ones I was like "Ok, time to get serious and draw properly" Even the size of the drawings shows how seized up I was. It seems I can only let go with the quick drawings...




1 comment:

Kristian said...

these are superb. i especially feel that the 30 sec one that you left the pencil on the page really shows how your mind to eye works. tou can tell what you are focusing on. its a fantastic excercise because you can assess your drawing technique. wonderful wes..